Thursday 14 October 2010

August - Back to the online grind and a near miss in the 100k Masters

In August, even though the challenges were a whole lot of fun and the side action was worth it. I really wanted to get back to the proper online MTT grind and build up more of a roll online and also create a bigger live roll for the upcoming months. I was playing on a few sites and did fairly well across most of them. But my best overall results came from PKR where I managed to take down about $11.3k. It was fun grinding again every day; I felt I was back in the zone; playing well; making some good plays and getting decent results across the sites.

On PKR, I managed to come 4th in the monthly 100k gtd Masters event for $8336. I was of course happy with the cash but really disappointed at the same time as always with a MTT the prize pool is so top heavy that the real money is in the top 3 and after playing for about 8/9 hours and getting through 500+ players I felt I could of really giving it a good chance to take it down. Unfortunately, I became quite card dead and players were dropping fast so I made a move with Q10o only to get call by the SB with AQo. Was a really fun table especially due to the presence of Kingand77 (a quality cash reg on PKR who I had the pleasure of meeting at PKR Live events). There was about 90-100 railing at about 2am so the chat box was full of good banter.

Real shame Kingand77 couldn’t take down the event as he had Infraschall (German MTT player) all in twice for his tourney life with just the river left to come (and both times the guy hit) was proper sick and no doubt Andy deserved the win – but hopefully it’s not long til he binks it. It summed up a good month of online poker for me and took down about 17.9k over all the sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment