Thursday 14 October 2010

July - A month of side bets and BR challenges with the lads

I've basically decided to keep my blog updated as much as possible these days so have decided to try and go through the last few months of whats been an intresting 3 months of poker for me. Hope you enjoy the read!:

In July, I was trying a few MTT Challenges and BR Challenges such as rolling up $1 to $1000 on a few sites. Out of the four sites I did the BR challenges I only managed to complete 3 out of the 4 but was quite pleased to do so as had quite a few side bets with a few of my poker mates so won a lot more due to the side action. Six of the lads tried the challenges with me and only 3 of us could manage to turn the $1 into $1000.

Of course, we all tried different approaches but I was lucky in a few of the free rolls to begin with, to give myself a chance to build up the roll by sticking to my strengths and playing MTT’s I managed to build the 1k roll on one sire within 12 days thanks mainly to winning a daily 3k gtd tourney that was running. It was real tough playing in the free rolls and the micro-stakes to build up the rolls but the competitive side due to the action with the friends really gave me the incentive to get it done and hold some bragging rights with the guys. Since then we’ve had quite a few challenges being planned to help with the day-to-day grind to make it more interesting and try and help us improve our games. If there's any challenges you think are cool would love to hear them.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment